Prosciutto, Garlic & Arugula Pizza
What You Will Need
- Pizza dough - I used Trader Joe's plain pizza dough
- 2-3 cups of arugula
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 4-6 tbsp of olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - Approx. one half
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 slices of Prosciutto
- Balsamic Reduction - I used Nonna Pia's Cabernet/Merlot
- Cheese - Original recipe called for mozzarella and parmesan, I used Le Marechal from les amis du Fromage. This is a stronger cheese that is not for everyone but is one of my favourites and all I had in my fridge!
1. Pre-heat oven between 425 degrees F and 475 degrees F, depending on how hot your oven gets. Next, on a flour dusted service roll out your pizza dough or press it into a circle. Place in the oven for 8 minutes on a pizza tray.
2. Mix 3 - 4 tbsp of olive oil with chopped garlic and rosemary. Grate roughly a cup of cheese, make sure to shave some cheese into larger slices and put aside to top the pizza later.
3. Remove pizza crust from oven and brush on the olive oil mixture and sprinkle a handful of the grated cheese. Return to oven for 6 minutes.
4. While the pizza crust is baking, mix together 1 - 2 tbsp of olive oil with lemon juice and mix with arugula. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove pizza from oven and top first with the arugula mixture, then follow with prosciutto and the remainder of the shaved cheese. *I pulled the prosciutto apart into smaller pieces before topping the pizza with it.
6. Optional: Drizzle with balsamic reduction to finish!
* I am not exact with some of my measurements since I tend to improvise a bit. To see the original recipe that this is based on click here.
I served this pizza with a salad and a glass of red wine. Enjoy!
Original Recipe From The Food Network