Holiday Golden Smokey Eye Look
The second look I created for The Holiday Tutorial Series with The August Diaries founder Jill Lansky is a golden smokey eye look. The first look in the series, Deep Red Lips focused on the lips, keeping the eyes totally bare. See the red lips tutorial here but first take a look below at this smokey eye, lash + nude lips look...
As seen on The August Diaries
A smokey eye is a classic look that everyone can achieve in just a few simple steps. Here I used brown tones for a softer smokey look. If brown is not your colour, simply replace it with your fave shade. I will often do this same look with greys and purple toned shadows.
1. After priming the eyelid with Urban Decay’s Primer Potion I used Laura Mercier’s Caviar stick in Sandglow all over the lid. The caviar sticks are amazing pigmented cream shadows that have major staying power. One thing to note when using them is that they do dry fast so make sure to blend quickly and build the colour with them.
2. Next, I lightly blended a medium brown tone shadow in the crease and then use the Caviar Stick in cocoa to darken the outer corners of the eyes. Use these two colours to smudge underneath the eye at the lash line as well.
3. I lined the eye with Urban Decay’s 24/7 Black eyeliner and then smudged it with a matte black shadow using Shu Uemura’s Kolinsky Brush 10F.
4. For more intensity, I lightly blended the same matte black shadow in the outer corner and into the crease.
5. Lastly, highlight the inner corner of the eye and under the brow bone. Here I used Rodial Instaglam Magic Pen Glow.
Tip: When doing a smokey eye look, start with the eyes. After eyes are complete, simply clean up any fallout with makeup remover, prep with skincare and move onto foundation. This way you can avoid having to re-do foundation which can be a pain and take more time!
Pop on over to The August Diaries to see the rest of this Smokey Eye & Lashes Tutorial along with all of the products used to create this look!