Freeze Friday is here at last! The coolness has hit the air and this summer saviour is feeling the fall blues creeping in. Time for all the wonderful local farmers and orchards to begin their harvest! This weekend treat I dug in to my own garden and used up all of my over grown basil!
Boozey Basil Blueberry Pops
What You Will Need
- Zoku Popsicle Moulds
- 4 cups Blueberries
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vodka
- 1/4 cup Basil
- 1/4 Lemon
- In a pot bring water and sugar to boil.
- Once the sugar has dissolved turn the heat off add chopped basil, let the mixture sit and cool down to room temperature.
- Put blueberries and lemon juice into a blender or food processor and once the basil simple syrup is at room temperature add to the blender as well.
- Blend on high for two minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Then pour into a bowl and whisk in the vodka, easy on the pour remember alcohol doesn’t freeze!!
- Have your popsicle moulds ready then pour the basil blueberry goodness into your moulds and freeze over night!
A Note From Katie...
This post was brought to you by our new guest contributor Kristi Houghton. Through-out the summer look to our new series, Freeze Friday, for inspiration for your weekend treats! We would love to hear what your favourite summer frozen snack is, make sure to let us know in the comment section below.