Must Have Lip Products For Spring
Spring is all about colour. Most of the time I wear black or grey so I add colour by brightening up my makeup, in particular my lips. I never used to be a fan of bright lipstick but once I tried a bold lip a few times I didn't go back. Check out my go-to spring shades and tips for longer lasting lipstick below.
- Exfoliate. The lips are a delicate area so use a gentle lip scrub to help keep them smooth and line free.
- Hydrate. The best way to help your lips recover from winter is to add extra hydration. I am addicted to my Paw paw ointment and also love Fresh Advanced Therapy Lip Balm. Do not skimp on water either. I find for even a day when I don't drink enough water my lips start to feel extra dry.
- Use a lip liner. I never used to use a lip liner on myself. One day I started and I can not go back. For a bold lipstick this is a must, it will really help your lip stay much longer and prevent any product bleeding. Not to mention give the appearance of a fuller lip.
- Blot. After applying your lipstick, press your lips together on a piece of tissue then apply a second layer. This will set your lipstick into your lips making it last longer. Repeat twice then apply your final coat of lipstick.
- Add a gloss. Make the lips look plumped by adding a gloss to the centre of the lips. Currently I am hooked on Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Lustre "Hall of Fame".
Must Have Shades
- Coral. Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Lipstick "Sexy Sienna" + K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick "Coachella Coral" are my current top coral shades for spring and summer. Coachella coral is slightly more pink whereas Sexy Sienna is a true coral shade.
- Orange-Red. I have long been a fan of Giorgio Armani Rouge D'Armani lipstick "#401". For years it has been my go-to summer lipstick since it is a true orange-red lipstick. Charlotte Tilbury "Love Bite" is a great alternative for someone looking for a neutral bright red that wears well with any skin tone but is slightly less orange.
- True Pink. In my purse currently is Smashbox Be Ledendary Lipstick "Panorama Pink". Slightly paler then the usual bold fuchsia pinks I wear, this is a bright pink lipstick is perfect for spring.