Over the last few years the options for makeup shopping has really improved in Vancouver. It is now much easier to shop prestige lines. If one store is out of your product, chances are you can pop into another across the street to pick it up. Below are 5 beauty destinations I frequent regularly for new products, gifts and beauty inspiration. This is the second post in my beauty + lifestyle series, see the first post here.
5 Beauty Stores To Shop At
- CurliQue. Blanche Macdonald's store came onto the beauty scene a few years ago but has since added a major addition. It now features the full Make Up For Ever line, the only place in the city to do so. This is great for makeup lovers and pros alike who can now shop the full collection in person. CurliQue offers a variety of lines that can't be purchased in mainstream stores. This is a great option for students and pros, as well as avid makeup shoppers looking to use pro brands or attend one of the workshops offered at the store.
- Sephora. Who doesn't love Sephora?! It is a great place to go play with new products and carries a wide selection of lines. If you are downtown pop by the Robson store. It carries a few top lines like Giorgio Armani that are not featured in other Sephora stores.
- Department Stores. Nordstrom and Holt Renfrew is where to go for prestige cosmetics. Both stores carry complete collections of a variety of brands. The Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown counters at Holt Renfrew are where to stop in for a makeup application while you are out shopping and can be confident you will always get a well trained artist. Both Nordstrom's and Holts also carry the full Charlotte Tilbury line, one of my new favourite brands.
- Beauty Bar. Located on 4th Ave this little shop is one of my favourite places to pop into when looking for a beauty related gift. The store has a great selection or girly brands and is one of the few spots on the West Side to carry brands like Kevyn Aucoin and ELLIS FAAS.
- Studio FX. This Pro shop has a variety of lines. The staff is extremely knowledgable and helpful with all of the products. Studio FX also carries quite a few lines that you can't get anywhere else in the city which makes them a top destination for pros.
Don't forget to sound off in the comment section below and let me know what you think of my recent beauty stories!
Shop This Post
Photo Credit: Britney Gill
Katie is a makeup artist based in Vancouver BC, represented by Lizbell Agency. She has been in the Vancouver beauty scene for 10 years, and in love with makeup for most of her life. When she is not painting faces she writes for her blog and is a contributor for Fashion Magazine.