We are starting 2016 with a two week vacation to Antigua. I am so excited since it is my first time traveling to the Caribbean. We will be sailing from Antigua to St. Barts with a few stops along the way. Since we won't be in a hotel where there is room for a large suitcase I had to be clever packing. Here are a few staples I am bringing in my carry-on.
- Travel skincare + toiletries. Kiehls is a go-to brand of mine for travel size products since it is gentle on my skin and their sizes are large enough to actually get me through an entire trip.
- Minimal makeup. I obviously have a ton of makeup so this one is a bit tricky for me. That being said I know which products I can bring that are multi-purpose. I recommend finding a great cream cheek colour that doubles for a lip tint. Also stick to products that you can apply with your fingers. Bring a tinted moisturizer and shadow sticks to avoid having to pack a ton of brushes.
- Clothing staples only. For this trip I am keeping it simple with pieces I can mix and match... a lot! Luckily we will be sailing and I will mostly be in swimwear but I do plan on brining a couple of nicer outfits for dinners out on shore.
- Shoes that go with everything. This one is always the hardest for me. I can never have enough shoes but I have narrowed it down to walking, beach & evening.
- Accessorize. Since I am limited on space for clothing this trip I am going to focus on bringing a few different necklaces and bracelets I can throw on to make my outfits stand out.
Anyone who knows me will tell you that packing light is a challenge for me since for a girls weekend I usually have my entire life packed! So I am pretty pleased to say I am going away for two weeks with just a carry-on... + a camera bag + purse of course ;)
Follow along my trip on Instagram @Katieelwood + SnapChat @Katie-Elwood
Shop This Post
Note: I added a link to one of my favourite bikini brands Seafolly below that is a similar style to the one pictured above and one I also own. The photo above is of a Change Bikini I just picked up. Change is an amazing lingerie company that carries a variety of different sizes for ladies like myself with bigger busts. I highly recommend you check them out if you struggle finding bras and bikini tops that fit your shape.
Katie is a makeup artist based in Vancouver BC, represented by Lizbell Agency. She has been in the Vancouver beauty scene for 10 years, and in love with makeup for most of her life. When she is not painting faces she writes for her blog and is a contributor for Fashion Magazine.