Carry-On Travel Essentials
We are starting 2016 with a two week vacation to Antigua. I am so excited since it is my first time traveling to the Caribbean. We will be sailing from Antigua to St. Barts with a few stops along the way. Since we won't be in a hotel where there is room for a large suitcase I had to be clever packing. Here are a few staples I am bringing in my carry-on.
- Travel skincare + toiletries. Kiehls is a go-to brand of mine for travel size products since it is gentle on my skin and their sizes are large enough to actually get me through an entire trip.
- Minimal makeup. I obviously have a ton of makeup so this one is a bit tricky for me. That being said I know which products I can bring that are multi-purpose. I recommend finding a great cream cheek colour that doubles for a lip tint. Also stick to products that you can apply with your fingers. Bring a tinted moisturizer and shadow sticks to avoid having to pack a ton of brushes.
- Clothing staples only. For this trip I am keeping it simple with pieces I can mix and match... a lot! Luckily we will be sailing and I will mostly be in swimwear but I do plan on brining a couple of nicer outfits for dinners out on shore.
- Shoes that go with everything. This one is always the hardest for me. I can never have enough shoes but I have narrowed it down to walking, beach & evening.
- Accessorize. Since I am limited on space for clothing this trip I am going to focus on bringing a few different necklaces and bracelets I can throw on to make my outfits stand out.
Anyone who knows me will tell you that packing light is a challenge for me since for a girls weekend I usually have my entire life packed! So I am pretty pleased to say I am going away for two weeks with just a carry-on... + a camera bag + purse of course ;)
Follow along my trip on Instagram @Katieelwood + SnapChat @Katie-Elwood
Shop This Post
Note: I added a link to one of my favourite bikini brands Seafolly below that is a similar style to the one pictured above and one I also own. The photo above is of a Change Bikini I just picked up. Change is an amazing lingerie company that carries a variety of different sizes for ladies like myself with bigger busts. I highly recommend you check them out if you struggle finding bras and bikini tops that fit your shape.