What You'll Find In My Bag (This Weekend)
This weekend I am Whistler bound for a girl get-a-way, my first since last April (Gasp). I have always been known to over pack. Even when I managed to pack in a carry-on for two weeks in the Caribbean, I still didn't use half of what I brought. So this weekend I am determined to pack light (well fairly light), I have even pre-planned all of my outfits, but there are a few essentials I can't be without when travelling with the girls.
- Makeup Palettes. Forget single shadows that get lost in your bag. Stick with shadow + blush palettes or even better, an all in one.
- Travel Sized Shampoo, Skincare + Body Products. I love my beauty products (duh I am a makeup artist). There is nothing worse than coming back from a vacation with crappy skin from using whatever products the hotel provides. Some people can slather anything on their skin and be fine. If you are a sensitive skin gal like myself, pick up travel sizes of products you know work for you. And... don't forget about your body. I recently discovered the brand I Love My Muff which has the most amazing feminine hygiene products. They even come in cute travel sizes.
- Dry Shampoo. You will at some point decide the wait for the shower line up and/or blow dryer just isn't worth it. Dry shampoo will save the day.
- Hair Tools. Coordinate with your girlfriends before who is bringing what. There is nothing worse than only one curling iron to go around for 5 girls, just as there isn't a need for everyone to bring a straightener. Also, don't be the girl who shows up with nothing thinking that you will just use all of your friends stuff. As the girl who always brings everything, it gets old fast.
- Magazines. If you decide it is worth it, you are going to need something to read while you are waiting (Re: #3).
- Sleep mask + Ear Plugs. Okay this one gives away my age. Gone are the days when I used to be able to function on a few hours of sleep. Now I prefer to guarantee that when I want to sleep I can. This way the party can go on and if I am ready to catch a few zzz's, I can no problem.
Are you heading anywhere on vacation soon? If so, where to and what will you bring? Sound off in the comment section below.